The Wellington Solar Farm will occupy 490 Ha of land approximately two kilometres northeast of the town of Wellington in New South Wales. The project will further diversify New South Wales’ energy portfolio and create 200 jobs at construction peak.
The 174 MW project will be powered by more than 440,000 First Solar advanced thin film PV modules, producing enough solar energy to power 46,000 homes in NSW and displace the equivalent of more than 305,000 metric tons of CO2 emissions per year – equivalent to taking 81,000 cars off the road.
First Solar is committed to the communities in which it operates. We will always engage neighbours, community groups, environmental groups and business organisations to ensure that Wellington Solar Farm remains a valued and respected member of the Wellington community.
Wherever possible, First Solar seeks to partner with local businesses and suppliers.
The Wellington Solar Farm supports Australia in its efforts toward providing 23.5 per cent of its energy from renewable resources by 2020, while further establishing regional NSW as a leader in renewable energy. Construction of the project is on schedule to commence at the end of 2018.
First Solar received planning approval for the Wellington Solar Farm on 25 May 2018.
- Enough to power 46,000 average homes
- Displaces 305,000 tons of CO2 emissions annually – equivalent to taking 81,000 cars off the road
- Lowest environmental impact of any PV technology
- No water used for electricity generation
- Significant economic and environmental benefits for regional NSW
First Solar projects strive to minimise environmental impact while maximising clean energy output. When in operation, our systems generate electricity with no water use, no air emissions, and no waste production, with the smallest carbon footprint of any PV technology available.
For question or comments, please click here.
- 174 MWProject Size
- 305,000 Tons C02 Displaced Annually
- 46,000Homes Powered
- 81,000 Cars Removed
- Wellington Community Feedback Form
- Wellington Solar Farm Fact Sheet
- Environmental Impact Statement
- EIS Appendix A – Secretary’s Environmental Assessment Requirement
- EIS Appendix B – Proposed Layout
- EIS Appendix C – Community Consultation Plan
- EIS Appendix D – Biodiversity Assessment Report
- EIS Appendix E – Draft Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Assessment
- EIS Appendix F – Visual Impact Assessment
- EIS Appendix G – Noise Assessment
- EIS Appendix H – Draft Noise Management Plan
- EIS Appendix I – Environmental Site Assessment
- EIS Appendix J – Hydrological and Hydraulic Assessment Report
- EIS Appendix K – consultation with Mineral Title Holders
- EIS Map – A1
- EIS Map – A2
- EIS Map – A3
- EIS Map – C
- Response to Submissions (RTS)
- RTS Appendix B – Additional Traffic Counts
- RTS Appendix C - Biodiversity Offset Strategy
- RTS Appendix D1 - Geotechnical Report
- RTS Appendix D2 - Further Soil Analysis
- RTS Appendix E - Hydrological and Hydraulic Assessment
- RTS Appendix F - ACHAR
- RTS Appendix G - Mayor Support Letter
- RTS Appendix H - Updated Constraints Map
- Conditions of Consent