The Manildra Solar Farm will occupy 120 Ha of land approximately 1 km east of Manildra in New South Wales (NSW), Australia. The project will further diversify NSW’s energy portfolio and create a number of jobs at construction peak. The 48.5MW project will be powered by more than 466,000 First Solar advanced thin film PV modules, producing enough solar energy to power 14,000 homes and displace the equivalent of more than 91,000 metric tons of CO2 emissions per year.
In addition to supplying the solar modules for this project, First Solar is providing Asset Management and Operations and Maintenance services.
Enough to power 14,000 average homes
- Displaces 91,000 tons of CO2 emissions annually—equivalent to taking 24,000 cars off the road
- Lowest environmental impact of any PV technology
- No water used for electricity generation
- Significant economic and environmental benefits for regional NSW
First Solar is committed to the communities in which it operates and will strive to minimise environmental impact while maximising clean energy output. When in operation, our systems generate electricity with no water use, no air emissions, and no waste production, with the smallest carbon footprint of any PV technology available.
The Manildra Solar Farm supports Australia in its efforts toward providing 23.5 per cent of its energy from renewable resources by 2020, while further establishing regional NSW as a leader in renewable energy. The development of the Manildra Solar Farm is on track and construction is scheduled to commence in the first half of 2017.
RCR O'Donnell Griffin Pty ltd
Number Of Modules:
Estimated Annual Energy Output:
Global Horizontal Irradiance:
- 48.5 MWProject Size
- 91,000Tons C02 Displaced Annually
- 14,000Homes Powered
- 24,000Cars Removed
Download More Information About This Project
- ARENA Project Data February 2017
- Biodiversity Offset Strategy
- Community Information Plan
- Flora and Fauna Management Plan
- Groundcover Management Plan
- Landscape Plan
- Development Approval
- Development Approval Modification 1
- Development Approval Modification 2
- Construction Environmental Management Plan
- Environmental Representative (ER) Inspection Report, Aug
- Environmental Representative (ER) Inspection Report, Sept